On July 17, 2017, the FTA issued a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for the Walk Bridge Replacement project in compliance with NEPA. By doing so, FTA has determined that further evaluation is not required under NEPA.In accordance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, an adverse effect exists for the project. A Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) was executed, identifying mitigation measures. FTA has determined that there are no reasonable and prudent alternatives to the use of Section 4(f) protected properties and all possible planning has been done to mitigate harm.
Finding of No Significant Impact
- Appendix 1: Errata to the EA/EIE
- Appendix 2: Mitigation Measures/Section 106 MOA
- Appendix 3: Permits and Approvals
Under the CEPA process, CTDOT submitted a Record of Decision (ROD) to the Connecticut Office of Policy and Management in June 2017; and in a letter dated July 6, 2017 OPM determined that the EA/EIE satisfies the requirements of CEPA for this project.
Record of Decision
- Appendix A: Environmental Assessment/Section 4(f) Evaluation and Environmental Impact Evaluation
- Appendix B: Mitigation Measures and Commitments
- Appendix C: Public Scoping Notice and Agency Comments
- Appendix D: EA/EIE Availability and Public Review Notice
- Appendix E: EA/EIE Review Comments (includes Public Hearing)
- Appendix F: EA/EIE Responses to Comments
- Appendix G: Estimated Costs of Alternatives
Both the FONSI and the ROD/Determination of Adequacy are also available on the CTDOT's website: www.ct.gov/environmentaldocuments.